Yigal Arnon & Co.'s Entertainment Law & Media Law practice group handles provision of legal services covering a wide variety of legal issues related to various areas of the media and entertainment industries, including music; publishing; TV and radio; cinema; multimedia and new media (e.g. internet and mobile).
We represent companies and individuals in Israel and abroad, engaged in entertainment and media in many diverse categories such as web sites, publishing companies of music and literature, record companies and production companies, companies that provide new media content, advertising agencies, public relations companies, booking service companies, as well as artists, photographers, producers and many others.
Yigal Arnon & Co. regularly assists clients in negotiations of production agreements, distribution agreements, licensing agreements with copyright collectives, publishing agreements, writers' agreements, licensing of works to be used in advertising), broadcast and public performance agreements, and other contracts in this field. In addition, we provide ongoing advice with respect to issues of copyright law and ongoing legal services to broadcasters (such as TV channels) including representation before government regulators. Furthermore, the firm has developed expertise in managing complex litigation claims related to copyright and performances, and the firm has been involved in some of the largest cases in the country in these areas.
Our broad knowledge and experience in these areas enables us to provide timely and key advice, crafting solutions suitable to the dynamic nature of this field.
As part of the extensive legal services the firm provides its clients in these areas, the firm has developed special expertise in the field of copyright and performers' rights, which includes:
- Representation in negotiations, drafting contracts and procuring licenses from copyright;
- Representation of entrepreneurs and start-ups in procuring licenses of musical works from copyright collectives;
- Representation in negotiations and drafting of contracts between artists and producers or managers, directors, writers, singers, actors, etc.;
- Representation in negotiations and drafting of agreements relating to various uses of copyright in works (including production agreements, broadcast agreements, distribution agreements, talent agreements, management and publishing agreements, agreements for use of content in new media, etc.);
- Consulting and legal advice in the field of copyright and performances;
- Consulting and legal representation in licensing procedures and in proceedings before the Antitrust Authority as well as legislative processes;
- In addition the firm has developed expertise in managing complex litigation claims related to copyright and performances, and the firm has been involved in the largest cases in the country in these areas.
The firm also developed expertise in the field of broadcasting rights and it provides advice and ongoing legal services to broadcasters (such as TV channels) including representation before government regulators, receiving licenses for the activities of the broadcaster, and ongoing consultation including in the field of copyright.