Yigal Arnon & Co.'s banking and financial services practice group advises clients ranging from Israeli banks to overseas commercial and investment banks and financial institutions.
The firm has represented many significant clients and been engaged in some of the most complex banking and financial services transactions over recent years, including:
- The firm has been retained by the ISDA to provide the Israeli "industry" collateral opinion with respect to derivative transactions and it has been retained by the ICMA (International Capital Market Association) to provide the Israeli industry opinion with respect to securities repurchase transactions ("repos")
- Provided legal advice to a major stock exchange in determining whether to list certain financial products on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Represented several major financial services groups wishing to market securities and financial products in the Israeli markets and/or to provide discretionary and advisory investment services.
- Represented a large foreign bank, which recently set up a branch in Israel.
- Active involvement in discussions with the Israel Securities Authority, on behalf of international financial groups, concerning proposed reforms to the regulatory environment, and assisting clients in preparing their Israeli operations to be comply with the reforms.
- Represented the purchaser of the Israeli government's interests in Israel Discount Bank.
- Regulatory reforms launched in 2005 obligated Israeli banks to sell their holdings in pension funds and mutual fund management companies. The firm has represented Israeli banks in such sale transactions, and in agreements relating to the distribution of mutual funds and pension products.